Did you Know?
- You must get married within 90 days of entering theUnited States on a K-1 fiance visa.– Absent real hardship, you must have met with your fiancee in the past two years.
- You should consider applying for work authorization.
- You must meet minimum financial requirements.– You need to allow time for a police check in each jurisdiction you have ever lived.
- There are issues of foreign law that may impact your ability to apply for a K-1 fiance visa.
- Once married you have to apply for a conditional “green card”.
The most common mistake with a K-1 visa is failing to properly evidence the validity of your relationship. An experienced immigration lawyer will be able to give you some guidance in this area.
Requirements for a K-1 Visa:
There are a number of requirements in order to apply for a K1 visa for your fiancé(e):
- You must be a U.S. citizen;
- You must have met your fiancée within the past 2 years;
- You and your fiancée must be legally free to marry (i.e. single or divorced);
- You and your fiancée must have a serious intention to marry within 90 days of your fiancée’s arrival in the U.S.; and
- You must meet minimum financial requirements.
Call us at 678.324-8511;
E-mail us at Info@LawrenceLegal.Law; or
Click here to schedule a consultation.